This invitation was posted on my internal 3M blog inviting my colleagues to join a DS106 experiment I wanted to run from behind the firewall of a corporation.
Want to have some fun improving your 3M digital communication & collaboration skills? This is your invitation to join me in creating our first 3M DS106 Salon*. Where we’ll develop our digital presence and learn the power and responsibilities that come with good digital citizenship – more important than ever as our digital lives blur between private, public, professional, and proprietary. The goal isn’t just to learn the technology. It is to do something much larger by using these tools as resources to improve our positive impact and effectiveness inside and outside of 3M. You can participate as much or as little as you like, drop-in, drop-out, drop back in again, as we create and collaborate alongside the 15-week open-online course in digital storytelling, DS106 headquartered out of Mary Washington University, which begins August 26, 2013.
* A salon is a gathering of people under the roof of an inspiring host, held partly to amuse one another and partly to refine the taste and increase the knowledge of the participants through conversation. [Source: Wikipedia Salon Image Source ]
Intrigued and want to learn more?
Try a link or two…
- DS106 “Headless” Course Announcement
- Course Syllabus
- Blog post, “Getting closer to headless DS106” from past DS106 instructor, Alan Levine.
- Personal examples:
- Link to my DS106 Blog started as a participant in the 2013 summer course
- Audio reflection on my first DS106 global open-online learning experience
- Stop Motion video Surf’s Up Dudette (Wondering how I could apply this new skill to 3M… Any ideas?)
- Etude de la Musique, music video I collobaratively created illustrating the power of music in communication
Still interested in joining the fun?
Contact Rochelle Lockridge ASAP to let me know you’re interested. Feel free to use your favored communication mode: e-mail, spark, text, phone, blog comments, etc..